- There are approximately 20 000 different lichenspecies.
- Lichen is a combination of a fungi and an algae.
- Birds use lichen to camouflage their nests.
- Lichen can grow on rocks, tree trunks, leather, shells of living animals and even plastic.
- Ancient Egyptians used lichen to fill the body cavity of mummies.
This beautiful lichen comes from Dorrigo NSW.
Materials are hand picked, preserved and created into something natural and wearable.
This piece is 54mm x 23mm.
It has been created using a bio resin finished with sterling silver fittings and hangs on a sterling silver chain.
Chain length 20"
As these pieces are created with protecting the environment in mind, Bottled Earth jewellery is made with an Epoxy Resin made with renewable biological resources.
This bio epoxy is a revolution in bio resins.
Made with renewable biological resources (organic vegetable waste) and an amazing 77% bio content, it is the best most environmentally friendly bio resin ever developed.
The first bio resin that is BPA free!
Each necklace is created with real plants.
I recommend that they not be left in direct sunlight or to be worn in the water this includes swimming or in the shower, to insure the integrity of the piece.
Your purchase comes ready to ship and is packaged in a beautiful hand stamped bag or little gift box.